Sponsored Links
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Interior Designing for My First Home

This site focuses on interior design (for your home and mine). Interior design impacts the value of our homes as perceived by us and by others. Interior design for homes is centered around decorating the living spaces in our homes. Interior design then encompasses aspects related to the choice we make for such things like living room furniture, bedroom furniture, kitchen furniture, wall accents, rugs and chairs. The choice of color matters as well.

This site will contain articles on interior design by myself, and other contrubuters and writers. I hope you will learn more about home decorating and get decorating ideas through this site.

But before we get into the thick of things, let me tell you how I developed an interest in interior design.

First off, my home is not a mansion. It is a two bedroom apartment in a medium-rise building. It is a typical city living abode that acts as my sanctuary away from the urban jungle out there.

One of the things that drew me to the apartment was the view - the living room has large windows on two walls. The first window shows off the city view. And the second (my favorite) overlooks a garden that contains huge trees. In the summer, when I look out of that second window, I see greenery all about me. The tree tops are just about the reach of my apartment window. So much so that I can imagine being in a cabin out in a cool place in New Hampshire or the like!

The people who lived in the apartment before me did a lousy job though of decorating the place. They used horrid furniture, painted the walls colors that were much too bright. For instance, the living room walls were a brilliant yellow, the master bedroom was a deep blue, and the guest bedroom a lime green. It was like being hit by a kaleidoscope of confusing colors as I ventured from room to room. Lucky for the view and the layout of the place, or else I would have walked away and not bought the place!

But anyway, this is my humble adobe as I had viewed it then.

What I Had on My Hands - Foyer



What I Wanted - A Contemporary Foyer Design


The question was once I had bought it, what could and should I do to make it into the place I wanted it to be?

Interior designing was a lot harder than I bargained for. However, I did not wish to hire an interior deigner because I did not have the means to do so, like so many regular folks out there!

So I read up, browsed through home interior stores, flipped through countless of home interior and home decorating catalogs. I still do that today. I have gained a passion for this!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shed Plans said...

Very nice post.I love reading this post.Thank you very much for sharing.It will help me lot.Shed Plans

November 9, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home